Sweet Baby:
Daddy and I had the pleasure of seeing you again on Tuesday. It's amazing to me how a fuzzy black and white screen can evoke so much emotions. Emotions from fear to excitement to deep love; a love that literally made my heart swell.
As I sat in the dimly light room squeezing your Daddy's gentle hand, I prayed first and foremost that you were healthy. I prayed that all of my worries and fears were unfounded and that the ultrasound would show you to be as perfect as I picture you to be. And somewhere in between seeing your big round head and your tiny little feet that were crossed at the ankles, I forgot that I had been worried and just knew that everything was going to be okay.
You are measuring pretty much right on track. Head is a little big but I wasn't too shocked with how large your brother's head is. Legs are a little short but sorry little one, look at the genes you were given. Your arms are rather long, perhaps monkey-ish but Meghan (the ultrasound tech) said more than likely your arms just had a growth spurt and everything else will catch up. You are weighing 12 ounces (average 20 week baby is about 10 1/2 ounces) and had a heartbeat of 143. Overall pretty darn perfect.
We decided you were worth waiting another few months to find out your gender. I literally can not wait to hear your Daddy proudly exclaim "It's a ....!!!" Your brother is dead set that you are a girl and tells me I'm silly if I say you could be a boy. He hates that you don't have a name and I promise we are working on that. You probably hear us throwing names out there. Give me a sign little one when we find the right one. Daddy and I could use the help.
Thanks for being cooperative (and for not being cooperative!) on Tuesday. We can't wait to see you again! So until the next time we see each other, keep growing little one. I'll continue to do my part if you continue to do yours. There are a few people really excited to see you but we are willing to be patient until just the right time (perhaps the end of June :)).
Love you more than words!
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sweet.
We love you sweet pea!! Keep growing and we will see you when it is time
Post a Comment