Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful 2011

2011 has proved to be a pretty good year for us giving us many reasons to be thankful. Some of the high-lights:
  • The birth of Baby Elias. As I even just think about how much joy that little boy brings into our lives, my eyes are filled with tears. I'm so thankful for him, his happy personality, his charming smiles, and his sweet kisses.
  • My silly smart affectionate 3 year old. I'm so incredibly proud of the little boy Colin is becoming. And try to remind myself that when he pushes back that he is learning to be assertive and voice his own opinion.
  • My amazing husband. I've always thought he was pretty great but his greatness has gone up another notch. He really stepped up to the plate when I was pregnant and took responsibility to many things around the house. Now that Elias is here, he amazes me daily by how much he does; works 50-60 hour weeks at work, more than pulls his weight at home, is a fantastic father to the boys, is the early riser, and even does the occasional 4am feeding :)
  • Our health. I feel so blessed to all be healthy. So many things can go wrong with pregnancy and despite the normal pregnancy pains, we were blessed with another healthy pregnancy. In a year where many friends and family members around us had cancer and other major health scares, I'm thankful for minor illnesses.
  • The boys' school. There are no words to fully convey how much we love their school. They lovingly care for Colin and Elias when we can't. Their teachers spend their days teaching my boys, making fun crafts, singing silly songs. The boys get to play with their friends but most importantly, they are told about God's love through words and actions.
  • Jobs. While we may complain about our jobs, the hours, our co-workers, the stress of it all, I am so thankful for what it provides. Without it, we wouldn't have a roof over our head, food on the table, etc.
There are so many other things to be thankful for: our church, our Salvation, the sunshine, our family and friends, etc. We have so much to grateful for.

No comments: