Friday, November 30, 2012

Different Kind of Baby

Elias loves babies {actually anyone smaller than him} :) He loves to rub their heads, bring them toys, steal pacifiers for them. He's so so so sweet with them. 

We've spent many - too many - hours lately in toy aisles. Much to Colin's disdain, Elias is drawn to the baby dolls. I always give him a baby doll box to hold which he lovingly kisses and rocks before throwing it on the floor when he sees a big truck :) 

Today we saw a commercial on TV about babies and Elias did his sign for baby with a big grin on his face. Here's a reply of the conversation:

Mommy: Elias, you love babies, dontcha?
Colin: Yeah he does.
Mommy: Elias, should we get you a baby?

Very surprisingly, Colin got really excited.

Colin: Yeah. We should.
Mommy: Really? We should get Elias a baby?
Colin: Yeah. He would like that. Then he can be big brother Elias too; just like me! And I get to be the big BIG brother. 
Mommy laughing: No I meant a baby doll. Not a real baby.
Colin in a very disappointing voice: Then I change my mind. No we shouldn't get Elias a baby...DOLL. 

Guess next time I'll be more specific before the rumor mill starts up. 

No comments: