You, m'dear are why life is so much busier. I firmly believe it has very little to do with the fact that I now have 2 kids instead of 1 and mostly to do with your personality and abilities. You are ALWAYS on the go. You've been walking since you were 9 months (ok 9 months and 2 days) and I think that puts you so far ahead of the norm. You've been walking and climbing for what feels like forever thus making you more adventurous. Or maybe it's your personality :) Regardless, Elias, you are a wild one. You are quick. You are fearless. You are sneaky and loud and a climber. You literally climb on everything. We've removed every climbable thing in the house that isn't necessary but that doesn't stop you. Most of the day you can be found standing or jumping on the couch and smiling as I repeatedly say "Elias sit on your bottom." If you aren't on the couch, you can be found on the stairs, up the stairs in the bathroom with your hand in the toilet, planking on your activity table, stacking toys up to get you higher. There's nothing you won't try to climb. The other day you climbed on the kitchen chair and stood on the kitchen table! Your tenacity outweighs your short little legs. And if I'm being really honest here, I strongly dislike this stage we've seem to be in for the past 4-5 months but I do pray you never lose your strong sense of determination.
Aside from the differences in you and Colin's mobility at this age, the other big difference is you hardly speak words. I've heard that it's typical; kids who walk earlier speak later and vice versa - it's just how the brain works as it focuses harder on one aspect. Unlike Colin who at Month 14 was saying more than a dozen words, you have just a small handful: Dada, All Done, and Duck are your clearest. You have a distinct sound for Colin. You can say Mama but rarely ever do. And I think that's it. You sign for "Please" and shake your head "No" very emphatically. You know the animal sounds for: Pig, Puppy Dog, Cat, Elephant, Monkey, and always say "duck duck" for Duck. And while you don't say much, your understanding of what is said to you astonishes me. Maybe it's normal for your age but you just seem so little to follow directions. You are good about getting your shoes (and everyone elses) and putting them by the door when you are done. Or putting your cup on the table when I ask you to pick it up off the floor. We are still working on following directions on not throwing food, jumping/running on the couch and hitting Colin :)
Elias as trying as you can be at times (have we mentioned you still don't consistently sleep through the night! but we do really appreciate that you are doing it several times a week) you are the sweetest thing ever. You bring so much joy and laughter to our lives. Your go-big-or-go-home personality fills the house. As much as you love to beat-up Colin, you are quick to lovingly rub his head, nuzzle your face against his or shower him with your sweet but often sloppy kisses. As crazy and loud and wild as you can be you are equally sweet and gentle and oh so adorable. There's nothing I love more than being your {and Colin's} Mommy. I love you more than words can say.
Love Always,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment