Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I had hopes of writing this during work today. Yes, I got stuck working on my first Mother's Day. Thank you kind boss of mine. Time got the best of me at work and here it is 10.45pm and I'm incredibly tired. I apologize in advance mom that this isn't as wonderful as I thought it could be in my head.

Today I had a few kind people call me to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I had people at work who felt sorry for me having to work on my first Mother's Day. My parents were wonderful and left me a sweet card and homemade cinnamon rolls for me to enjoy this morning. Mike was true to his sweet self and bought me and my mom a bouquet of flowers to celebrate our special day. He told me all day how great of a mom I am to Colin which I owe all to my mom.

I had a great role model. I could writes pages and pages about how much my mother means to me, how much I appreciate her and how much she has helped me adjust to and learn about motherhood. I've learned from a great woman who sleeps less than one should, works harder than most people do, and is a always on the go. You will rarely hear her complain, always see her cooking up something great, and is craftier than Martha Stewart herself. She gives with her whole heart, loves my husband as much as she loves me, and is the best grandma to my baby boy. My mom has a great love for the Lord, is always willing to pray, and has shown all of us kids that a Christian education is more important than having worldly possessions. Growing up, she taught me tough love through my biting, never ending singing, and sibling rivalry. As a teenager, she taught me the "trust cup" which was usually empty :) Now as an adult, she has taught me friendship.

On my first Mother's Day of many, I just want to publicly thank my mom for molding me into the woman and mother I am today. THANK YOU!! 27 years from now, I hope Colin is as proud of me as a Mother as I am of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi
I very humbly say thank you! All through your childhood you heard the phrase "God has made me your mother, not your best friend. I hope some day we can be friends but for now -I-am-your-mom."
I am so glad that now I can tell my daughter that God has still made me your mother but now I call you my friend.

What a privilege to be blessed with 4 wonderful grown kids and to see them grow into fantastic adults. Thank you God for the privilege of being their mother, MIL,and grandmother and helping me each step of the way.

I pray that in 27 years you will feel as blessed as I do today! May God bless you on this very special Mother's Day!

Mom

Yours Truly said...

Wow. Thanks for making me cry, ladies.

To my Michigan family: I love ya'll more than sweet tea, but NOT more than Miss Jan's cinnamon rolls! :)