Does your spouse make breakfast bed? Watch reality TV that you know he really doesn't care to watch? Do the laundry? Humor you by going over countless lists of baby names? I'm proud to say that mine does (sorry, babe, your secrets are out)! To me, nothing says love like being a part of the team. Or maybe I should rephrase, maybe it's taking one for the team. I like to think I'm a pretty good teammate, too. I wash the silverware since I know he hates it, manage all the finances, and every now and then... look out... I throw some full-priced treats into the grocery cart.
It's those little things in the daily routine of life that make a marriage successful. It's wanting to do something for the other person more than for yourself. And it's always, always best when it's least expected. So while today marks another birthday, we both know that it's the in's and out's of every day that really count. (Although I have loved every minute of the endless pampering!!) And that is why even though I squashed his thoughtful dinner plans, tonight will not be a dinner disappointment, but rather another opportunity to listen to each other, talk about the exciting upcoming year and enjoy another birthday .... the best way possible ... together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said! I agree 100% with you! Hope you have a special b-day, Mrs. Mom to be!
Post a Comment